Friday, August 9, 2013

thank you

Today, on my way from the train to work, I was walking past a construction site. Of course, the clouds decided to rain for the ten minutes I had to walk outside (literally started raining as I left the train station, and by the time I walked up the four flights to my office, it had stopped already...). But, as I was walking past the construction site, a man working there said from across the street, "Good morning" and then offered me an umbrella he had in his hand. I already had a rain jacket (planning ahead for once in my life), but the gesture really hit home for me. 

He didn't need to even say good morning or offer the umbrella, but he did both and made my day. I know he'll never see this, but it's a good reminder to try to do something nice for a stranger once every day. 

A quick update on the water intake: it's getting better! I try to keep the water bottle on my desk filled all day long, so that I drink from it more. 

I'm running this afternoon when I get home, probably on the treadmill unless the rain stops. I'm aiming for 1.5 miles continuous, walk for .25 - .5 miles, then another 1.5 miles continuos. We shall see how it goes. Hopefully there's a good TV show on- I really can't run inside without some form of distraction since I can't check out all the cars driving by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment