Monday, August 5, 2013

workout 12

(Its really more than workout 12, but i'm only counting the ones I write about here!)

Today I ran for 15 minutes straight, walked for 3 minutes, and ran for another 10 minutes. It was on a treadmill- my first treadmill run. I definitely prefer running outside- especially out and back runs. It just seemed so tempting to stop or slow down, although it was nice to be able to watch some tv at the same time ;). On the treadmill, I'm able to set my pace, so I can't go too fast. I kept it a 10 minute mile, which I know is slow for some, but fast for me. 

Tomorrow I'm taking a barre class, at barren9ne. I'm excited to get in some shoulder and arm work.  As much as I'm getting into running, barre is still my favorite workout. But I know I can't do that once I'm back at school, so I'm trying to keep a good balance. I'm planning on running again Wednesday night- hopefully 2 x 15 minutes with a short break in between. 

No comments:

Post a Comment