Thursday, July 18, 2013

water

while i'm on this running kick, and it's going actually pretty well, i thought i'd try one more thing to encourage myself to be heatlhy. i decided to focus on something small and i chose to focus on drinking more water.

now, i don't drink soda. not because i'm morally against putting chemicals in my body (if you knew the kind of food i ate...) but because i don't like the taste of soda. plus the bubbles make me feel sick. on a normal day, i drink an iced tea (sweetened, i like my sugar!) and water. but i don't drink that much. on the whole, i'm probably on the dehydrated side, so i'd like to focus on drinking more water.

i'm going to keep a full water bottle next to me at work, and another one in my room at home. i think that will help. plus i want to make sure i drink before and after i go on a run. i always drink a lot when i'm at barre and yoga because the rooms get so hot and i have water next to me on the floor, but when i run i usually skip that step.

i think this is something i can actually improve on. i like that i'm taking these baby steps to change habits. like they say, it takes 21 days to make a new habit. so this is day 1 of water drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment