Wednesday, July 17, 2013

week 3, day 1 (workout 7) aka i can run for 3 minutes!!!

workout for week 3: five minute warm up, jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, repeat again, cool down.

i can run for 3 minutes. i actually did it! i ran the whole time, i didn't stop, i didn't walk. i'm so so proud of myself. i know someone out there is probably thinking "three minutes? is she kidding? you can do anything for three minutes" but this is an accomplishment for me. my only previous running experience was really middle school gym, something i've conveniently blacked out of my memory.

this was great because by the time i finished the first 3 minute set, i was halfway done! i think i was a little conservative with my effort on this one, so next time i do it i'm going to push it a little more. right now though, i'm just on cloud nine for finishing this one strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment