Monday, July 8, 2013

week 1, day 1 (workout 1!)

week 1's workout is: 5 minute warm up, jog 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds (repeated 8 times), 5 minute cooldown.

so. i survived. i actually ran the entire time i was supposed to ran. i did a power walk the entire time i was supposed to walk. i went into this thinking i couldn't do it and it would be hard, but somehow it wasn't. this is not to say i think they'll all be this easy- i am really really sore today, but i'm relieved i got off to a better start than i had anticipated.

it's so so so hot and humid out here, so i did this one in as much shade as possible. it's nice that it's 30 minutes total. i think that'll keep me on pace. i can wake up 30 minutes earlier than normal, that's not too bad. i'm hoping to do all of these in the morning when it's coolest out.

it's good to just follow the couch to 5k plan. it's sort of like my favorite classes, where you aren't in charge of the workout, but rather just following the plan. it's hard not to have my favorite instructors there to push me to go harder, to push myself more, but it's a good challenge to learn to do that myself.

so. that's day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment